A little bit about BMD
BMD are fast changing the way that new settlements are planned and delivered. Over the last 12 years we have honed our nature first approach as part of an award-winning, landscape-led design and delivery process. In that time the company has grown from our founders and pioneers to a team of over 30 strong, including our landscape, ecology and our invaluable support team.
Our multi-skilled and creative team are united in our purpose, working to address the climate and nature crisis. We support our clients as they move to a net zero future across our diverse portfolio of projects, which includes some of the largest and most sustainable settlements in the country.
Together at BMD
Working at BMD means being part of a close knit and creative team, working alongside the founders, landscape teams and our in-house ecology team. It means being given time to discover your passions and explore your interests alongside work, and our support structure and mentor programme means every employee is valued and supported at every stage of their career.
We host a range of socials, field trips, events and team days to keep our team motivated and enthused. Ideas are welcome for one off events and opportunities to participate as a team. We've hosted pop up pizza nights, bowling and beers, family picnics at some of the parks and greenspaces we've created together, and team study trips across the UK. We currently have a five a side football team, golf club and our popular Wednesday walks for a change of scenery and a chat. You can also expect BMD breakfasts three days a week to coincide with our core studio days.
Come and work with us
We know how important a work/family/social life balance is. We want our team to be motivated to enjoy both the work that they do and still have time to enjoy life outside of work. That's why we offer:
- Three studio locations, our HQ in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside, our city studio in the heart of Birmingham and our ecology hub in Cambridgeshire
- Flexible working, hybrid model of working three days in the office and two days working from home
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package
- Active support for those wanting to start their pathway to chartership with mentoring, paid study leave, mock exams and chartership bonus
- Visa support for our overseas team members
- An active mentor programme, encouraging monthly one to ones between mentors and mentees to nurture and support our team's mental health